0 Comments
0 Shares
0 Views
0 Reviews
Explore VibeForge
Directory
Discover people, communities, groups, creators, events, forums, marketplace finds, and more on VibeForge — a social network built for real connection.
People
Profiles
Communities
Groups
Stories
Content
-
LinkPlease log in to like, share and comment!
-
Link
SPORTS.YAHOO.COMRichard T. Lee leads after Day 2 of LIV Golf Indy; hopes to have a surprise for his wifeWESTFIELD -- Richard T. Lee followed up a strong first round with a 4-under par 66, putting him atop the leaderboard after Day 2 of LIV Golf Indy at Chatham Hills in Westfield on Friday.Lee shot 7-under par on Thursday. His second round moved his total score to 11-under par, giving him a one-stroke lead over Thomas Detry (4Aces GC). Detry shot 6-under par on Friday. Teammate Thomas Pieters shot 5-under par helping 4Aces shoot 18-under as a team, giving them a 31-under team total after two rounds and a five-stroke lead over Torque GC.Lee credited his wife with picking his walk-up song "Gold Digger" by Kanye West. Lee isn't looking past the next two days, but if he continues his strong play, he could be taking home the prize money. "I don't want to think too ahead for myself, but yeah, definitely a victory would be amazing," Lee said. "It's always been a dream to play with these guys and have a big victory out there. Hopefully if I win, I have a little surprise for my wife this week."Lee became the first Canadian-born player to join LIV, winning the Black Diamond Ranch tournament in January and earning a spot on the main tour through the LIV Golf Promotions series. He finished second at Singapore in March, but struggled over his next six events before finding his groove at LIV New York earlier this month, finishing tied for 11th. Lee said he's been working on his irons and is using his time around big names like John Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau to pick up as many tips as he can. Those big names on the tour will be a key part of the tour's future, but for now, Lee is trying to establish himself with another strong round.On the team side, 4Aces are led by close friends Pieters and Detry. The two have a competitive friendship that fuels their play on the course. "Yeah, we go a long way," Detry said. "We've sort of followed the same path since we started really. We played the same junior tournaments. We played in the same International Team. Then we both went to Illinois. We ended up both playing on DP World Tour, then both PGA TOUR. We did a lot of the same. We had the same agent as well. We sort of followed a very similar path."We've been good friends and a very competitive friendship forever, and it's been a really fun ride."This article originally appeared on Indianapolis Star: Richard T. Lee leads after Day 2 of LIV Golf Indy; hopes to have a surprise for his wife0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
SPORTS.YAHOO.COMMets will hold ceremony to honor retiring radio broadcaster Howie RoseCredit: Brad Penner-Imagn ImagesThe Mets have announced a ceremony to honor retiring radio play-by-play announcer Howie Rose.The ceremony will take place on September 20 at Citi Field, prior to the Mets’ final regular-season home game against the Philadelphia Phillies. The game is scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET start.Rose announced his plans to retire in March.“The pre-game ceremony will recognize Rose’s remarkable broadcasting career and his lasting impact on the Mets organization, New York sports, and the fans who have listened to him bring the game to life for decades,” the Mets said.The Mets will also give away a “Put It in the Books!” notebook and scorecard to the first 15,000 fans in attendance.“Howie’s impact extends far beyond the booth,” said Mets owners Steve and Alex Cohen in a statement. “He is part of the fabric of this franchise, and we are proud to celebrate an extraordinary career while thanking him for everything he has meant to the Mets. We wish Howie and his family nothing but the best in this next chapter.”“Having grown up a Mets fan, calling games for this organization has been the honor of a lifetime,” added Rose. “I am deeply grateful to the Mets and ownership, my broadcast partners, the players, coaches and staff, and most of all, the fans who have made this journey so meaningful. Sharing one more day at Citi Field with them is something I will cherish forever.”Rose worked on-air for the Mets for almost 40 years. He served as the host for “Mets Extra” studio programming beginning in 1987, before transitioning to a play-by-play role in 1995.Rose, who was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2021, has reduced his schedule in recent years. He is scheduled to call 84 games this season, including all home broadcasts from Citi Field and three Subway Series road games from Yankee Stadium in September. He announced in March that he would retire after the 2026 season.Retirement won’t necessarily be the end of Howie Rose in the Mets radio booth, however. In an interview with Anthony Rieber in Newsday earlier in August, Rose said he might “pop into the booth if the kids need a break from time to time.”“I’m not saying I’ll never do another game after Sept. 20, but as a full-time thing, that’ll be it,” Rose added.Rose is only 72, but said he decided to retire in part because he “didn’t want to overstay his welcome.”The post Mets will hold ceremony to honor retiring radio broadcaster Howie Rose appeared first on Awful Announcing.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
WWW.NYTIMES.COMWe Tried to Cover a Tom Kean Campaign Event. Someone Called the Police.Representative Thomas Kean Jr. was joined Friday on the campaign trail by House Speaker Mike Johnson. An aide to Mr. Kean blocked a reporter’s entry. Then the police were called.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
LinkSPORTS.YAHOO.COMRB Nick Chubb, who starred for Browns, announces retirement from NFL at 30Nick Chubb, a four-time Pro Bowl running back who starred for the Cleveland Browns, announced his retirement from the NFL on Instagram Friday night.Chubb, 30, spent seven of his eight seasons in the league with the Browns. Former four-time Pro Bowl running back Nick Chubb announced his retirement from the NFL at age 30. pic.twitter.com/D1UZhW6RpA— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 22, 2026This story is being updated.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews
-
Link
SPORTS.YAHOO.COMPreseason 2026: Denver Broncos vs. Green Bay Packers - Live coverageDENVER, COLORADO - DECEMBER 14: Marvin Mims Jr. #19 of the Denver Broncos reacts after a first down against the Green Bay Packers during the third quarter at Empower Field At Mile High on December 14, 2025 in Denver, Colorado. (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images) | Getty Images The Denver Broncos will have their first home game of the 2026 season when the host the Green Bay Packers in the second preseason game. Bo Nix will get a few series to show off his return from that season-ending ankle injury after the postseason win over the Buffalo Bills. It should be a great first half as preseason football usually is. Hopefully the second half has some fireworks as well. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m. Mile High time on Friday, August 21, 2025 at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado. You can also check local Broncos radio network affiliate stations. Join the discussion in the comments section below.Packers at Broncos live updatesThe wait is over. 🏈 is finally back in #BroncosCountry 🤩 pic.twitter.com/fOfkpvOxCj— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) August 21, 2026First time at @EmpowerField for @D1__JW 🐧 pic.twitter.com/258P2lo2Gw— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) August 22, 2026Pregame traditions with PS2 🎮 pic.twitter.com/spxncheL7n— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) August 22, 2026THE BRONCOS ARE HERE pic.twitter.com/soz72vYFbB— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevens) August 22, 2026The new Thunder leads Broncos on the field. pic.twitter.com/rpSzcqeJOu— MikeKlis9NEWS (@mikeklis9news) August 22, 2026Riley Moss, man.Nearly picked off Jordan Love on the first snap of the game. Was right there with Christian Watson.— Aric DiLalla (@AricDiLalla) August 22, 2026What a play by Pat Surtain II.Gave up the catch and never gave up on the play.Ripped the ball out of Watson's hands.— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevens) August 22, 2026Riley Moss in the blue medical tent— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) August 22, 2026Broncos' defense stout on the ground to start the game.2 rushes for only 5 yards— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevens) August 22, 2026Riley Moss is walked into the locker room after being in the medical tent— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevens) August 22, 2026Riley Moss is questionable with a rib injury— MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) August 22, 2026Jahdae Barron in for Riley Moss for #Broncos.— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) August 22, 2026.@PatSurtainll oh my 😮GBvsDEN on @nflnetwork Stream on @NFLPluspic.twitter.com/9GUspOs9DL— NFL (@NFL) August 22, 2026Lloyd catches 11-yard TD for Packers. Up 6-0, PAT pending.— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) August 22, 2026Touchdown, Packers, Love to Lloyd, 11 yards. Tillman was in coverage but stopped, after the play, Tillman gestured to teammates. Possible miscommunication in coverage. 7-0, Green Bay.— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) August 22, 20260 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
SPORTS.YAHOO.COMFlorida high school football scores: Palm Beach County Week 1 resultsThe Florida high school football regular season is underway.Scores rolled in from across Palm Beach County and the rest of the state Friday night as FHSAA teams completed their opening week of the 2026 season.Weather remained a factor throughout South Florida, with lightning delays affecting several games Thursday and Friday. Despite the interruptions, teams across the region opened the season and began their pursuit of district and state championships.Here's a look at final scores and scheduled games from Week 1 of the Florida high school football season.Florida high school football schedule todayFHSAA football (Friday) West Boca Raton 24, Plantation American Heritage 7Cardinal Newman 37, Community School of Naples 6 King's Academy 23, Saint Andrew's 8Key West 30, Boca Raton 7Centennial at Lake Worth (Thursday, 6:30 p.m.) Park Vista at Wellington (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Okeechobee at Suncoast (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Atlantic at Spanish River (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Boynton Beach at Santaluces (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Dr. Joaquin Garcia at Pahokee (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Jupiter at Dwyer (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Saint Andrew's at King's Academy (Friday, 6:30 p.m.) Seminole Ridge at Palm Beach Lakes (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Forest Hill at Olympic Heights (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Jupiter Christian at Benjamin (Friday, 6:30 p.m.)Palm Beach Gardens at Westwood (Friday, 7 p.m.)West Boca Raton at Plantation American Heritage (Friday, 7 p.m.)St. John Paul II at Belen Jesuit (Friday, 7 p.m.)Oxbridge Academy at John I. Leonard (Thursday, 6:30 p.m.)Archbishop McCarthy at Royal Palm Beach (Thursday, 6:30 p.m.)SSAA football (Thursday)Boca Raton Christian 48, Glades Day 14 [Thursday]American Heritage-Delray 49, Somerset 12 [Thursday]FHSAA football (Thursday) Palm Beach Central 14, Glades Central 9 [Thursday]Centennial 53, Lake Worth 14 [Thursday]Eric J. Wallace is deputy sports editor for The Palm Beach Post. He can be reached at ejwallace@gannett.com.This article originally appeared on Palm Beach Post: Florida high school football scores: Palm Beach County Week 1 results0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
SPORTS.YAHOO.COMInclement weather leads to cancellation of high school football gamesStock image of a football field at night. Fruit_Cocktail/Getty Images/iStockphotoInclement weather has caused multiple high school football games to be cancelled or delayed Friday night. [DOWNLOAD: Free WHIO-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]Weather led to the cancellation of tonight’s Springfield vs. Winton Woods football game. The varsity matchup is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22. While gates will open at 5 p.m., and admission will be free.>> RELATED: Bellbrook vs. Tippecanoe game resumes after inclement weatherTRENDING STORIES:Mandatory evacuation in place for Licking CountyLocal county opens new preschoolRain and stronger storms arrive SaturdayThe junior varsity game previously scheduled for Saturday morning has been canceled.The Xenia at Beavercreek game was also postponed.The game will resume on Saturday, August 22 at 9:30 a.m.The Southeastern Local Vs Northwestern game was also postponed due to lightning. This has been moved to 7 p.m. on Saturday.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
SPORTS.YAHOO.COMRiley Moss exits preseason game against Packers with injuryLANDOVER, MARYLAND - NOVEMBER 30: Riley Moss #21 of the Denver Broncos looks on during the national anthem prior to an NFL football game against the Washington Commanders at Northwest Stadium on November 30, 2025 in Landover, Maryland. (Photo by Michael Owens/Getty Images) | Getty Images The start of the Denver Broncos vs. Green Bay Packers Week 2 preseason game has happened and the Broncos already have an injury to a key starter.Early on the first drive, Patrick Surtain II forced a fumble on wide receiver Christian Watson. That was recovered by Riley Moss. However, the play was overturned, and Watson was ruled down by contact. As the play ended, Moss was seen leaving the field holding his ribcage apparently shaken up on the play.Broncos Injury Update from the sidelines: Riley Moss went into the blue tent after the negated fumble recovery. He is questionable to return with an rib injury.@KOAColorado@BroncosRadio— Susie Wargin (@SusieWargin) August 22, 2026According to various reports, Moss has exited the game and went into the blue medical tent. He is now back in the Broncos’ locker room. The extent of his injury isn’t known beyond the aforementioned, but this post will be updated with any relevant information once it becomes available.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
WWW.NYTIMES.COMWe Tried to Cover a Tom Kean Campaign Event. Someone Called the Police.Representative Thomas Kean Jr. was joined Friday on the campaign trail by House Speaker Mike Johnson. An aide to Mr. Kean blocked a reporter’s entry. Then the police were called.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews -
Link
WWW.NYTIMES.COMPentagon Fires Editor and Publisher of Independent Military PublicationThe firings at Stars and Stripes also claimed a Middle East correspondent. They are the latest effort by the Pentagon to diminish the news outlet’s editorial independence.0 Comments 0 Shares 0 Views 0 Reviews